[ALUG] Recommended dynamic DNS services - and how to configure them?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sat Dec 11 09:31:12 GMT 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 11:09:15PM +0000, James Bensley wrote:
> Forgot to say;
>
> Don't forget to check weather or not your 3G provider allows incoming
> connections, sometimes you don't have a publicly route-able address an
> instead you're NAT'd behind something (router or otherwise). And,
> don't forget to do any port forwarding if needed :)

Yes, that does seem to be an issue here.  The IP address reported by my
3-G router is quite different from that reported by the remote systems I
connect to - *and* I seem quite unable to get connections from outside
back into the eeePc.

I think I may have to do what I did at work for a while and set up a
reverse tunnel through an ssh connection set up from the eeePc end.
That'll will require some searching of my memory on how to do it!