[ALUG] Dual Boot & Partition For Files

Simon Royal mrsimonroyal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 10:24:22 GMT 2010

Hi

I am awaiting the arrival of my ThinkPad and when it arrives I have some RAM and internal wireless card and a 60GB hard drive to slap in it.

Im intending on running Ubuntu and XP Home on it. Ive dual booted before no problems.

What I would like to do is have a small 10GB partition for each OS to install on and the rest for a place to save files so I can access it from both OSes.

Am I correct in thinking to have read/write from both Ubuntu and XP the 'files' partition would need to be FAT32 and not NTFS?

Simon