[ALUG] Best virtualisation tool to run Linux on Windows

Mark Rogers mark at quarella.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 13:44:16 GMT 2010

On 14/12/10 13:40, Martyn Drake wrote:
> VMware Server?

It's a definite possibility!

However I can't find any good comparisons. VMWare Player would also suffice,
for example (I can create the VM with something else, that's not a problem). I
have VirtualBox running on several of my PCs (mostly Linux boxes though) and
quite like that, and of-course I could even look at Microsoft's VirtualPC (no
idea what it's like, never tried it). And of-course there are other alternatives.

In theory, I would imagine that VMWare Player *should* be the best one, as it
is just a "player", but I don't know if there's any good facts to back up the
common sense.

Registered in England (0456 0902) @ 13 Clarke Rd, Milton Keynes, MK1 1LG