[ALUG] Best virtualisation tool to run Linux on Windows

Mark Rogers mark at quarella.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 14:02:45 GMT 2010

I just thought of another "nice-to-have": I will need to be able to make this
virtual machine start with Windows (preferably as a service without needing
the user to login), and to have it shut down (paused is fine) when Windows
shuts down.

I would guess all packages will offer this in some form or other, but
vmware-server might just have the edge?

USB support may turn out to be necessary (it isn't yet, but it's a useful
get-out-of-jail-free card to have on hand if I need it).

Registered in England (0456 0902) @ 13 Clarke Rd, Milton Keynes, MK1 1LG