[ALUG] How to make ssh reverse tunnel as secure as possible?

mick mbm at rlogin.net
Wed Dec 15 17:11:09 GMT 2010

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:30:58 +0000
Chris G <cl at isbd.net> allegedly wrote:

> As per previous discussions I'm going to set up an ssh reverse tunnel
> from my eeePC on the boat to my server at home.  I will use autossh to
> run the ssh command on the eeepC so that it will get restarted if it
> dies for any reason.
>
> The ssh command run on the eeePC on the boat will be something like:-
>
>     ssh -R 54321:localhost:22 user at my.home.server
>
> this then allows me to do the following to make an ssh connection from
> the home server to the eeePC on the boat:-
>
>     ssh -p 54321 localhost

Try "ssh -N -f -R 54321:localhost:22 user at your.home.server"

where user @ your home server has no shell (e.g. bin/false)

also see "man ssh"

Mick

The text file for RFC 854 contains exactly 854 lines.
Do you think there is any cosmic significance in this?

Douglas E Comer - Internetworking with TCP/IP Volume 1

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc854.txt