[ALUG] Request Tracker (RT)

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Tue Dec 21 12:55:45 GMT 2010

On 20 December 2010 13:59, Mark Rogers <mark at quarella.co.uk> wrote:

> I've installed RT to be used for managing incoming support emails. Having
> got it installed and "working" I'm finding it very hard to work out what to
> do next in terms of actually using it. (Eg I created myself a user, but
> can't see how to let that user see incoming emails, although I can see them
> fine logged in as root.)

Create a queue (support, admin, etc.) and add users to that queue?
Then when you email that queue all users in that queue should see the
same email?

We use RT here at Memset and works well enough for us.  I've never
administered an RT system, but I do recall upgrading between version 2
and 3 was a royal pain in the arse.

Regards,

Martyn