[ALUG] Looking for simple[ish] drawing program for basic circuit diagrams

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Dec 21 17:45:56 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 05:27:13PM +0000, Simon Elliott wrote:
> On 21 December 2010 15:28, Chris G <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> > I want to put some simple circuit diagrams on web pages (or at least
> > accessible from web pages) so I'm looking for a drawing program that is
> > either easy to add circuit symbols to or has them already.
>
> Trying to get in before someone else chips in:
> When you think diagrams, think Dia.
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=dia+circuit+diagram
> http://live.gnome.org/Dia/
>
> apt-get install dia

I did mention that I had tried dia (I've had it installed for quite a
while) and found that it wasn't really up to the job.

So far after briefly playing with Geda, Qucs, Kicad, Oregano, Electric and one
other the best seems to be Oregano.  One thing that Oregano can do which
few of the others can is to export the diagram as a png or postscript file.