[ALUG] Why Do You Use Linux?

Simon Royal mrsimonroyal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 13:55:41 GMT 2010

Hi

This is one of my main gripes with moving to Mac. I spent 10 years owning a
Mac only and it has left me kind of behind in the Windows world. I left just
as XP was released so anything prior to that I am extremely well versed in.

Ive dabbled with XP but to no real extent  - my boys have XP laptops - and
Vista/7 I have merely played with.

Sticking with one OS has left me out in the cold with others. So moving from
Mac a my main OS is what I am doing. I still have an old Mac - which my wife
is using - and I am about to dedicate my time to Linux.

However I will be dual booting with either XP or 7 to keep my hand in.

Helping others has always been a passion of mine. Computing knowledge is a
gift, you can try and learn but if you dont have that natural nerd in you it
is a struggling battle. I am like a techno-sponge and I bestow what I can on
others.

Simon