[ALUG] Why Do You Use Linux?

mick mbm at rlogin.net
Fri Dec 24 12:19:09 GMT 2010

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 12:13:49 +0000
Adam Bower <adam at thebowery.co.uk> allegedly wrote:

> > Do some research...
>
> Some of the American companies are large, granted, can't find figures
> on how many computers they have, as for your UK companies...
>
> BP = 80,000 employees worldwide (11,000 UK)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bp
>
> Royal Dutch Shell = 102,000 employees worldwide (8,600 UK)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Dutch_Shell
>
> Rolls Royce = 38,900 employees worldwide (21,000 UK)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_plc
>
> More than 6 desktop computers per employee at Rolls Royce sounds....

Heh! Nice response! Serves me right for not checking those myself. (Note
to self, check before being sticking head in noose.)

In my defense I plead poor memory.

Mick

The text file for RFC 854 contains exactly 854 lines.
Do you think there is any cosmic significance in this?

Douglas E Comer - Internetworking with TCP/IP Volume 1

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc854.txt