[ALUG] Flash issues

Bev Nicolson lumos60 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 09:54:57 BST 2010

 If that says that the command isn't found, then try this which will install
> tar (I'm assuming you're using Ubuntu):
>
> sudo apt-get install tar
>
> If it says that it can't find the file (i.e. it can't find foo.tar.gz) then
> perhaps you're in the wrong directory.  Do you know how to list the contents
> of directories and change to another directory?

tar-xwzf flashplayer_10_plugin_debug.tar.gz
bash: tar-xwzf: command not found

Is what it says. I do have tar though!

I tried this too but clearly I need help with directories.

tar -xzvf flashplayer_10_plugin_debug.tar.gz
tar: flashplayer_10_plugin_debug.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory

I might add that when folder options come up in Archive Manager,
several files on the desktop are not available.

Bev.