[ALUG] Another Distro for Simon?

mark fernandes (IFR) mark.fernandes at BBSRC.AC.UK
Wed Jul 21 14:33:25 BST 2010

See review of Pinguy OS - a Mint-y Ubuntu re-spin at
http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/2010/07/pinguy-os-distro-review.html

I'm with Simon on LXDE - have just set my 6-year old son up with a Edubuntu 10.04LTS/LXDE-installed Compaq Ipaq desktop
which seems to cope with most things despite P3&512Mb spec. Lost l33t points in that I wound up using ndiswrapper for Safecom USB wireless...
He seems happy enough though with educational (and not-so educational) games.
Regards,
Mark

Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton:  Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.