[ALUG] Umax Laptop & Linux Mint LXDE Problems

Chris Walker cdw_alug at the-walker-household.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 12:15:51 BST 2010

On 28/07/10 11:06, Simon Royal wrote:

> Marcus
>
> I was fully aware of the specs and I did ask about the screen resolution, which does bother me too much.
>
> Spec wise it is better than the IBM 600E I had, although not by much. It runs XP very well, a lot better than the 600E did. Once I get LM9 installed it will run better too.
>
> Beggers cant be choosers.
>
> Simon Royal

If the CD drive is a problem, why can't you do a net install? If you
also suggest that the hardware is an improvement on the Thinkpad, then
use Windows to create any boot media you need and try again.

I wouldn't give up at this stage.

Can I just ask though, why do you need a laptop? Is a desktop machine
out of the question?

--
/ _/ _` \ V  V /  |  mailto:cdw_alug at the-walker-household.co.uk  |