[ALUG] EeePC Ubuntu

Simon Royal mrsimonroyal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 14:59:27 GMT 2011

Hi

Has anyone any experience running Ubuntu on an EeePC machine.

I have been very impressed with my ThinkPad and impressed with Ubuntu
and have settled nicely into the Linux world. My ThinkPad is only a
1.1Ghz Celeron and with 1GB RAM Ubuntu screams along.

Id like something a little more portable and compact and have been
looking at these Asus EeePC machines, both the 7" and 10" models. The
7" models are 900Mhz machines, the 10" models are 1.6Ghz Atom
machines.

I only do basic surfing, listening to music, FaceBook etc and writing.
I do YouTube from time to time. So nothing heavy.

Simon

--
--- Twitter: http://twitter.com/SimonRoyal - LowEndMac:
http://tinyurl.com/macspectrum - Skype: Simon-Royal.