[ALUG] EeePC Ubuntu

John Woodard mail at johnwoodard.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 16:32:59 GMT 2011

On 3 February 2011 14:59, Simon Royal <mrsimonroyal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone any experience running Ubuntu on an EeePC machine.
>
> I have been very impressed with my ThinkPad and impressed with Ubuntu
> and have settled nicely into the Linux world. My ThinkPad is only a
> 1.1Ghz Celeron and with 1GB RAM Ubuntu screams along.
>
> Id like something a little more portable and compact and have been
> looking at these Asus EeePC machines, both the 7" and 10" models. The
> 7" models are 900Mhz machines, the 10" models are 1.6Ghz Atom
> machines.
>
> I only do basic surfing, listening to music, FaceBook etc and writing.
> I do YouTube from time to time. So nothing heavy.
>
> Simon

Ubuntu Netbook Edition (Remix) runs just fine on the Atom 1.6Ghz. I've
installed it for a customer's EeePC through several versions 9.04 was
the first I think. I have 10.04 running on my Acer Aspire One with the
standard Gnome Desktop (I really don't like Infinity) and that is
great for general Internet and document creation.

Cheers,
BJ