[ALUG] SD & Flash Drives

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Feb 7 11:21:32 GMT 2011

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 10:50:22AM +0000, Simon Elliott wrote:
> On 7 February 2011 09:45, mark fernandes (IFR)
> <mark.fernandes at bbsrc.ac.uk> wrote:
> > So far Ubuntu NBR 10.10, eeebuntu and Lubuntu (you may detect a theme here :-)) have been tried and am leaning
> > towards lubuntu (as per my son's desktop PC).
>
> Crunchbang or Jolicloud are the way forward for any EEE PCs. Highly
> recommended by me anyway. Crunchbang for the more advanced linux user
> and Jolicloud for the lesser.. Both *look* good and perform miles
> better than the default Xandros rubbish you get! Both well worth
> trying out..
>
> http://crunchbanglinux.org/ and http://www.jolicloud.com/

All I did to get Ubuntu running on my ancient eeePc which has only 2Gb
of 'disk' space was to install Ubuntu Server base (i.e. no LAMP stuff
etc.) and then added the bits I really needed.  Doing this it was quite
possible to get a working X GUI (including Firefox) and still have some
space to play with.