[ALUG] USB Booting

Simon Royal mrsimonroyal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 10:09:41 GMT 2011

Hi

I am awaiting the arrival of my EeePC, which should be here tomorrow.
It is still running Xandros - the lightweight Linux distro it comes
with - and I would like to run Ubuntu on it.

Is there anyway of testing if a USB stick will boot or is bootable if
you have no machines that will boot to USB.

I made a USB stick of Ubuntu 10.10 using Unetbootin.

However, I have a 1.5Ghz PC tower that does not boot to USB, a Toshiba
SP A10 that does not boot to USB, a IBM ThinkPad R31 that does not
boot to USB and an Apple PowerBook G3 which is not x86 nor does it
boot to USB.

So, I have no way of testing whether this stick will actually work,
although I see no reason for it not to.

Simon

--
--- Twitter: http://twitter.com/SimonRoyal - LowEndMac: