[ALUG] EeePC Suspend Linux

Simon Royal mrsimonroyal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 14:50:54 GMT 2011

Hi

Well everything is working under Ubuntu on my EeePC 701SD, almost everything.

Sound, wifi, webcam and screen worked out of the box, but I am having
suspend problems.

I have searched the net and cant find any references to new versions
of Ubuntu, they all relate to version 7 and 8.

When I shut the lid, the EeePC goes to sleep. All the lights go off
and the power light flashes which is it sleeping/suspending.

When I open the lid it doesnt wake. I got a brief glimpse of the
desktop for a spit second but then the screen stays blank. The lights
change back to what they were before but no screen.

Any ideas. EeePC 701SD and Ubuntu 10.10.

Simon
--
--- Twitter: http://twitter.com/SimonRoyal - LowEndMac:
http://tinyurl.com/macspectrum - Skype: Simon-Royal.