[ALUG] EeePC

Brett Parker iDunno at sommitrealweird.co.uk
Thu Feb 17 10:29:56 GMT 2011

On 16 Feb 17:06, Brett Parker wrote:
> On 16 Feb 16:27, Brett Parker wrote:
> > On 16 Feb 14:39, Simon Royal wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > First can I start by apologising for mutliple threads. I have started
> > > this one, but will keep all future questions within this thread.
> > >
> > > I am having sleep/suspend issues on my EeePC. It is odd as it works
> > > 50% of the time fine. I close the lid, it goes to sleep, I open the
> > > lid and press Esc and it wakes fine - sometimes.
> > >
> > > It is a 701SD running Ubuntu 10.10.
> > >
> > > I cant replicate it or work out what is causing it not to work other
> > > times. Any ideas?
> >
> > Right - looking around, it looks like it's actually related to the wifi
> > driver (google, and a few forum posts later...)
> >
> > Work out what the wifi driver is (lsmod), and then add a line to
> > /etc/pm/config.d/unload_module of:
> >     SUSPEND_MODULES="TheNameOfTheWifiDriver"
> >
> > Try that.
> >
> > If you don't know what your wifi driver is, send in the output of lsmod
> > and we'll probably be able to tell you.
>
> What you've sent me off list suggests that you want to put:
> SUSPEND_MODULES="r8187se" in /etc/pm/config.d/unload_module

And just to follow up - and to increase google juice for "EeePC 701"
suspend and resume problems - it appears (so far) that adding that line
has worked - I'm sure Simon will keep us informed if it fails :)

Cheers,
--
Brett Parker                     http://www.sommitrealweird.co.uk/
PGP Fingerprint 1A9E C066 EDEE 6746 36CB  BD7F 479E C24F 95C7 1D61