[ALUG] Recommendations wanted for small, probably laser, printer

Adam Bower adam at thebowery.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 23:51:21 GMT 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:40:26PM +0000, Wayne Stallwood wrote:

> I'd say Brother probably make the best small lasers, Samsung also
> make some nice ones..both of which tend to work out cheaper per page
> than HP and AFAIK they are all Linux friendly

My little Samsung laser was purchased 8 years ago and still works lovely
(well, ish, it could do with a new toner now as this one has been
refilled too many times). Anyhow, it has been great in that period of
time and Samsung have been printing tux on the box for years. Just check
if they are refillable or not as they changed toner types a few years
ago and you may have difficulties if you want to refill (apparently).

Adam
--
New signature required, suggestions on a post card please.