[ALUG] Deleting Files In Ubuntu

mick mbm at rlogin.net
Thu Feb 24 15:54:05 GMT 2011

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:31:25 +0000
Simon Royal <mrsimonroyal at gmail.com> allegedly wrote:

> Hi
>
> When you delete a file in Ubuntu it gives you no warning. Now I know
> that sounds pretty stupid and most of the time it is a time saver as
> you don't have to click 'Yes' at the 'are you sure' button, but it
> does mean things can accidentally get sent to the bin.
>
> Is there a way of getting it to ask before sending it to the bin?
>
> Simon

Why do you care? If you delete from the GUI, the file simply goes to
the wastebasket from whence you can retrieve it if you wish.

Now rm of course would be different....

Mick

The text file for RFC 854 contains exactly 854 lines.
Do you think there is any cosmic significance in this?

Douglas E Comer - Internetworking with TCP/IP Volume 1

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc854.txt