[ALUG] Simple (?) HTML question, wanted, a way to do nothing

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sat Jan 1 19:14:19 GMT 2011

I want to implement a link to a CGI script that, when you click on it,
does nothing to the currently displayed page.  I.e. I want the existing
page to continue to be displayed when I click on the link (and as a
result of course the CGI script executes).

Actually even more perfect *might* be to force a redisplay of the
current page as the CGI script will (hopefully) modify the page.

This sounds as if it must be something one often wants to do but being
naive as regards HTML/CGI I don't know how to do it.