[ALUG] Request Tracker (RT)

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Jan 1 19:39:44 GMT 2011

Mark Rogers wrote: [...]
> I can see how to "Take" a ticket, although no idea how I might allocate it to
> someone else.

Go into the Basic details editor and assign it to them.

> Also, what I will almost certainly need to do is to have mail from certain
> email addresses automatically go into certain queues regardless of the address
> they were sent to, I assume that's possible somewhere?

rt-mailgate is the command you require.  I think you set the --Queue
option in the email alias.

> I have to say that RT just feels very much like hard work, although I
> appreciate that a lot of people use it so it must be doing something right.

The co-op has used it for a while and it gives us a *lot* of detail
which we can use to plan our improvement.  Sorry that I can't send you
a link to our guide - I don't think he'd appreciate it! ;-)

Regards,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work http://www.software.coop/products/