[ALUG] OK, so as an interim measure...

Anthony Anson tony.anson at girolle.co.uk
Sun Jan 9 22:47:30 GMT 2011

keithjamieson at hotmail.co.uk wrote:

>> Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 19:07:36 +0000
>> From: tony.anson at girolle.co.uk
>> To: main at lists.alug.org.uk
>> Subject: Re: [ALUG] OK, so as an interim measure...
>>
>> keithjamieson at hotmail.co.uk wrote:
>>> If you can get it to boot from a USB stick then this is what I'm using ....
>>>
>>> MSdos bootable USB stick.
>> /snip/
>>
>> Saved, thanks, but so far it refuses to boot into Knoppix from USB. Not
>> tried it yet from the SD card slot. (Which, if I read the boot devices
>> correctly, seems more likely, as USB isn't specifically mentioned AFAICS
>
> Put the SD into another PC and "fat format" it. You can download boot discs, and images. The PC DOS one is free.

EXT4 and install straight to SD - I'm going to try Crashbang first - if
I don't like it, Knoppix goes on.

That's if it will boot from built-in SD or USB, If it won't I shall make
a copy of the data on the HDD and install Knoppix instead.

I don't do DOS any more (though I do have a 6.22 install file on CD):
indeed, did I so want, I could 'upgrade' all the way thhrough W95, W98,
W98SE, Win 2000 Pro and XP Pro - but I don't wish...

I did think of installing Tom's RTBT on this Eee and go right back to
basics - but I chickened-out.

--
Tony Anson
www.girolle.co.uk/