[ALUG] OK, so as an interim measure...

Simon Elliott alug at sionide.net
Mon Jan 10 09:31:27 GMT 2011

On 9 January 2011 22:47, Anthony Anson <tony.anson at girolle.co.uk> wrote:
> EXT4 and install straight to SD - I'm going to try Crashbang first - if I
> don't like it, Knoppix goes on.
>
> That's if it will boot from built-in SD or USB, If it won't I shall make a
> copy of the data on the HDD and install Knoppix instead.

The Eee does definitely boot from USB. At least, my Eee 900 does.
That's how I installed Jolicloud on it. You have to press a hotkey to
get it to do it though.. The BIOS doesn't by default - when it's
booting (and I can NEVER remember which) hit F2, or maybe F12.. it
might have been Escape or Del. My Eee is at home so I can't try it out
now.

Also, if you have a giant massive USB stick. Get hold of XBoot (as
reported on Lifehacker:
http://lifehacker.com/5716173/xboot-creates-your-own-custom-multi+image-bootable-usb-drive
) then just copy over some ISO files and you can choose which one you
boot into. It's totally awesome!

Hope you like Crunchbang.

Cheers,
Si