[ALUG] Ubuntu help

steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk
Mon Jan 17 23:08:20 GMT 2011

On 17/01/11 19:08, keithjamieson at hotmail.co.uk wrote:
>> I'm writing this under Mandriva. There I can run Windows XP as a guest
>> and despite having multiple shares on the host machine, in XP it will
>> only allow me to have one share to a NAS drive - there are 4 shares to
>> that under Mandriva - so I'm wondering if it's a Windows limitation
>> that's preventing me having two shares to the host machine. I realise
>> that this isn't the place to ask Windows questions so I won't pursue
>> that here.

Depends on the version of Windows XP - if it's Windows XP Home, then yes
perhaps it's a limitation of Windows

"The following security features are not included with Windows XP Home
Edition:
[]
Computer domain account support
[]
Administrative shares (available only when joined to a domain)
[]
Networking Features

Many networking features are identical in Windows XP Professional and
Windows XP Home Edition. The main differences involve connection limits
and simplification. While Windows XP Professional allows up to 10
simultaneous file-sharing connections, Windows XP Home Edition allows up
to five connections only.
"

HTH
Steve