[ALUG] sdb1

Simon Royal mrsimonroyal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 18:40:35 GMT 2011

Hi

When I boot my ThinkPad in to Ubuntu it gets stuck. It flashes on a
screen and says something like unable to find sdb1. I have to press S
to skip mounting it and continue booting. It is annoying.

I think this has something to do with Storage Device Manager which I
use to automount a FAT32 partition - which I use as shared storage for
my files. I dual boot Ubuntu and XP and have a spare partition to put
everything.

I looked in Storage Device Manager and could find no reference to sdb1.

sda1 = xp
sda2 = ubuntu
sda3 = swap
sda4 = fat32 shared partition.

sda4 is set to automount with correct rw permissions. This works fine.

Any ideas?

Simon

--
--- Twitter: http://twitter.com/SimonRoyal - LowEndMac: