[ALUG] Reliable PCIE USB3 cards

Mark Rogers mark at more-solutions.co.uk
Thu Jun 25 10:22:41 BST 2015

On 18 June 2015 at 16:39, Chris Walker
<alug_cdw at the-walker-household.co.uk> wrote:
> Under 'Hardware' my machine reports it as VL80x xHCI USB 3.0 Controller
> from VIA Techologies.

Searching for a VL80x card on Amazon didn't get me anything useful; in
the end I plumped for this one:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JEVLCZI

.. which has the Renesas µPD720202 chipset, and despite multiple
attempts to get it working I failed miserably in Ubuntu 15.04 (Google
wasn't particularly helpful). I have now returned that and ordered
this one:

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B6ZCNGM

.. which gets good reviews including from Linux users, so I'll see how
I do there. (I note that both are Inateck cards.)

Thanks for the help. Hopefully I'll get there in the end!