[ALUG] Starting Nexus at Startup

Paul Grenyer paul.grenyer at gmail.com
Thu May 28 07:26:24 BST 2015

Hi All

I've got a digital ocean droplet with Sonatype's Nexus installed and
I'm trying to get it to start when the droplet starts. I've followed
the instructions here:

https://books.sonatype.com/nexus-book/reference/install-sect-service.html

and updated the properties file with these:

NEXUS_HOME="/usr/local/nexus-2.11.2-06"
RUN_AS_USER=nexus
PIDDIR="/home/nexus"

and can now start and stop the service like this:

service nexus start
service nexus stop

I added the JAVA_HOME environment variable and added JAVAM_HOME/bin to
the path for the nexus user, even though I suspect they're not needed.

When I restart the droplet, nexus doesn't start. The nexus log isn't
written to either. I believe I have the permissions right in
/etc/inid.d:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 14639 May 28 01:48 /etc/init.d/nexus

I've even tried adding:

nexus ALL = NOPASSWD: /etc/init.d/nexus

to the sudoers file, but all to no avail.

I don't know where to check the log for service starts either.

Can anyone help, please?

--
Thanks
Paul