[ALUG] Slightly OT for the list: - GPG bad signature

Srdjan Todorovic todorovic.s at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 19 16:58:06 GMT 2016

On 19 January 2016 at 16:37, mick <mbm at rlogin.net> wrote:

> ---
> $ gpg -v --verify signature.asc msg
> gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (GNU/Linux)
> gpg: Signature made Tue 19 Jan 2016 14:04:01 GMT using RSA key ID
> 5BADD312 gpg: using PGP trust model
> gpg: BAD signature from "Mick Morgan (Mick's new 4096 bit key)
> <mick at rlogin.net>" [unknown] gpg: textmode signature, digest algorithm
> SHA256, key algorithm rsa4096 --"

I get something similar after importing your key from the keyserver:

gpg -v --verify signature.asc text.txt
gpg: armour header: Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (GNU/Linux)
gpg: Signature made Tue 19 Jan 2016 16:37:11 GMT using RSA key ID 5BADD312
gpg: using classic trust model
gpg: BAD signature from "Mick Morgan (Mick's new 4096 bit key)
<mick at rlogin.net>"
gpg: textmode signature, digest algorithm SHA256

But of course, I'm taking a risk of sounding like a moron; how much of
your email do I need to trim (from gmail show original saved to a
file) or copy / paste from the webmail in order to get something that
can be fed to gpg?

Regards,
Srdjan