[ALUG] Anyone have experience of OKI printers under Linux?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Jan 21 12:20:22 GMT 2016

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 12:50:53PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> I'm thinking of replacing my HP printers (a mono laser and a
> multi-function inkjet) with a single multi-function colour laser
> printer.
>
> The current front runner is an OKI MC342DN.
>
> Does anyone have any experience of using OKI printers under Linux?
> There are Linux PPD drivers for the MC342DN but that's about as much
> as I can find out.

Well I've gone ahead and bought an OKI MC342DN, seems pretty good so
far.  It is rather large but it replaces two previous printers so
that's not too much of an issue.

The PPD driver seems to work exactly as it should and installation
under Windows 7 in VirtualBox was OK too.  There's nothing like HP's
bloatware on windows.