[ALUG] FTP servers with remote admin tools

Mark Rogers mark at more-solutions.co.uk
Thu Jan 28 12:58:01 GMT 2016

I need to set up an FTP server on a virtual server keeping overheads
to a minimum.

What I'd like is some kind of GUI to administer it (add new users etc)
which runs on my desktop and does the admin remotely, so that when not
in use it has zero overhead (compared with having to install a web
server and database to manage it, for example).

Not fussed as to which FTP server at this point.

(It strikes me that a tool that was able to manage text based config
files over SSH for FTP servers but also other services would be quite
useful, does such a thing exist?)