[ALUG] FTP servers with remote admin tools

Laurie Brown laurie at brownowl.com
Fri Jan 29 14:20:39 GMT 2016

On 29/01/16 12:20, Mark Rogers wrote:
> On 29 January 2016 at 10:56, Laurie Brown <laurie at brownowl.com> wrote:
>> http://www.ansible.com/ is pretty simple to grasp, uses no agents,
>> pushes over SSH, and has YAML config files. Useful skill too, much in
>> demand.
>
> Thanks, Ansible looks useful for me, although I'm not sure it'll be
> enough to help out my colleague who really wants a GUI. I'll certainly
> look at it though, as there are plenty of tasks I carry out where this
> type of automation would help.

Cool.

Ansible Tower is a GUI, and it is free for up to 10 nodes, so there's a
possibility there. In truth, all one needs is a decent editor to write
the YAML files and it virtually drives itself. Even GUI fans can drive a
console now and again!

Also, you might want to check out Semaphore, but I think it seems that
an alternative GUI to Tower may be a while off. A few seem to be in the
pipeline, but not yet mature. Semaphore costs, but it has a free option.
https://semaphoreci.com/

Cheers, Laurie.
                               Laurie Brown
                           laurie at brownowl.com