[ALUG] Strange PC lock-up

steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk
Wed Apr 5 16:08:43 BST 2017

On 04/04/17 11:12, Brett Parker wrote:
> [SNIP]
> OK - so last time I had this, it actually happened very shortly after
> logging it to X11. Turned out there was some breakages in my /run
> directory, which I found out from the backend of syslog / journalctl -f.
>
> After fixing permissions I stopped having the "interesting" fail modes.
>
> Thanks,

OK, stupid question:
Isn't the entirety of /run a tmpfs temporary file system, and as such,
just held in memory?  Any fixes to any files under /run would just
dissappear on reboot, no?  Or were there configuration problems
somewhere else which then caused problems with files under /run?

Cheers
Steve