[ALUG] Mesh wireless

steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk
Tue Apr 11 18:06:42 BST 2017

On 10/04/17 14:23, Mark Rogers wrote:
> Wired would be a big job, although I've considered it. But obviously
> that's never going to do a lot for my phone :-)

Run one wire from the router to upstairs, and then have the upstairs
wifi  running of that cable.  Alternatively, get one of those internet
over mains jobbies and use that to get the network to upstairs, where
you can run the 2nd wifi or access point.  I think you can get a
combined network over mains & repeater.  However, I also think that
network over mains has a bad reputation.

However, if you want to play around with mesh, that's moot.

Steve