[ALUG] Mesh wireless

Laurie Brown laurie at brownowl.com
Wed Apr 12 10:18:06 BST 2017

On 12/04/17 09:03, Mark Rogers wrote:
> On 11 April 2017 at 18:06, <steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk> wrote:
>>
>> However, I also think that network over mains has a bad reputation.
>
> I have quite a lot of experience of network over mains (my company
> used to sell it), and generally it works pretty well - certainly when

[SNIP]

To be clear, I have one "wired" "master" Powerline doo-dah, and the rest
are either RJ45 or WAP "slaves" which receive their data from the
"master" which is plugged into my network with a physical cable over the
house's internal power network.

Each WAP (and I have a couple of "ordinary" WAPs as well) broadcasts the
same SSID, use the same password, but use different channels,
preserving, as much as possible, "three channels of separation".

Wifi availability wandering around the house and exterior is seamless.

Cheers, Laurie.
                               Laurie Brown
                           laurie at brownowl.com