[ALUG] Mesh wireless

Mark Rogers mark at more-solutions.co.uk
Mon Apr 24 11:29:38 BST 2017

On 13 April 2017 at 14:35, Mark Rogers <mark at more-solutions.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm edging towards the AC3200 just for future-proofing

OK, I went down this route (Linksys WRT3200ACM). testing with stock
firmware it didn't improve anything, and in fact I found that my
Amazon Echo in the kitchen (not all that far from the router) kept
dropping out when it had never had an issue with my old TP-Link
router. Digging deeper, forum posts weren't all that positive about
the WRT3200ACM's reliability in general and I returned it.

One thing I have noticed but not got my head around is that lots of
manufacturers have substantially different models with very similar
names (Google for AC3200 and see how many models come up, try the same
for other similar designations). But I've not been able to find
anything that tells me what "AC3200" (or sometimes just the 3200 bit)
actually means?