[ALUG] Audio Question

Phil Thane phil at pthane.co.uk
Tue Dec 5 16:36:29 GMT 2017

For the output side you can just use a multi-pole switch, I used to have
opposite system ages ago where the  'music centre' (yes I'm that old) could
output to local speakers in the lounge, or to the 'study' or both with a three
position slider switch. And a lot of wire and solder on the terminals round
the back! Putting two devices into one set of speakers would work just the
same.

Input is a bit trickier in that you need to shield it, but providing you put
the switch in a metal box and connect the co-ax shielding to the box it should
be OK.

BTW about three years ago I wrote a piece for the now defunct Micro Mart mag
about fitting a 12V power amp intended for in-car use to a desktop PC,and
driving the speakers from the above-mentioned music centre. It's powered by a
molex plug from the PSU and fitted into a spare drive bay. It still works.
Copies on request.

--
Phil Thane

www.pthane.co.uk