[ALUG] Are there *any* decent web browsers out there now?!?!

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Dec 7 17:37:51 GMT 2017

On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 12:23:20PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 11:54:14AM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 11:01:49AM +0000, steve-ALUG at hst.me.uk wrote:
> > > On 05/12/17 13:26, Chris Green wrote:
> > > My initial suggestion would be reopen firefox in safe mode and then see if
> > > it works OK.  I have NO PROBLEM with ebay at all with firefox.  If it works
> > > OK, backup your bookmarks, unintsall it, purge it & do a fresh install.

I went through lots of things.  As I said Safe Mode made no difference
at all.  I also tried disabling Flash and that made no difference
either.  Searching for other people with the same issue produces
*lots* of hits!  However one fix I found does work for me.

I simply opened a 'Private Browsing' window in Firefox and using that
window eBay doesn't cause the CPU usage to go to 100% (or more).  So
it would seem that it's some of the tracking that goes on in eBay was
what was causing the issue.

If I do *everything* in a Private Browsing will I be missing anything?