[ALUG] Managing cron and similar E-Mails from headless systems

Mark Rogers mark at more-solutions.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 15:34:53 GMT 2017

On 17 February 2017 at 10:33, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a neat way of handling this so that I know where
> the errors are coming from?

Alternative approach from the others here: Have different destination
email addresses for each sender.

We use GMail which allows me to have (say) systems@<my domain>, which
then silently maps systems+<anything>@<my domain> into the same
mailbox, so that's how we do it; systems+Pi1 at ..., systems+boat at ... and
so on.

But even without Gmail doing it for me, setting up the mapping at the
server end to map multiple recipients into one mailbox whilst still
allowing you to filter based on the different "recipients", rather
than the different "senders", should be straightforward. It slightly
complicates the server end but massively simplifies the configuration
at the sender end.