[ALUG] Managing cron and similar E-Mails from headless systems

Laurie Brown laurie at brownowl.com
Sun Feb 19 12:00:08 GMT 2017

On 17/02/17 14:44, Chris Green wrote:

[SNIP]

> Yes, I *could* set up a zone file to have the domain name in it (e.g.
> I could set up rpi.isbd.net for the pi and bbb.isbd.net for the
> Beaglebon) but it seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut as a
> solution to the problem.

Not really. It will take a couple of minutes at best, and then you can
forget about it. I really don't understand the problem. It is also the
correct solution, and not some half-arsed fudge involving loads of gmail
addresses, and all the effort of reading them and monitoring them. I use
filters in Thunderbird to sort the incoming email into folders under the
same account, by the sending server name in the header.

Cheers, Laurie.
                               Laurie Brown
                           laurie at brownowl.com