[ALUG] SSH clients

Mark Rogers mark at more-solutions.co.uk
Mon Jun 12 11:20:37 BST 2017

On 10 June 2017 at 22:22, Huge <huge at huge.org.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-06-09 at 13:41 +0100, Mark Rogers wrote:
>> Usually I just SSH directly from my terminal, but that's not a great
>> way to keep track of server IP addresses and keys etc.
>>
>> So, what do others do?
>
> PuTTY.

So two votes for PuTTY, which I have used a lot in the past on Windows
(and indeed still do) but didn't realise was cross-platform. (I always
liked that it was called PuTTY because it was for securing
[w|W]indows...)

So I installed PuTTY last week on my Linux box to try, and whilst it
is certainly familiar it seems (at least on Ubuntu/Unity) to be weaker
than its Windows sibling, but I'll persevere if its the best option.

I'll also look at SSH configuration thanks to Paul's suggestion.