[ALUG] SSH clients

samwise samwise at bagshot-row.org
Mon Jun 12 11:57:42 BST 2017

Hi, Laurie.

Yes, I left it as an exercise to the reader to choose which client
application is most suitable and where to get it from, depending on
the distribution they were running etc.  KeePass can also be made to
work as a portable app on a USB stick, which is handy.

I too sync to my Android phone (using Google Drive and KeePassDroid).

As I understand it, the PuttyAgent plugin you linked is for use with
the older KeePass v1 application, whilst KeeAgent (listed below it on
the same page) works with KeePass v2.

I do find it much more convenient to have all my credentials stored in
one encrypted .kdbx database file, which can be easily re-used across
multiple platforms.  It also means that it's fairly easy to switch
between different terminal applications or file transfer applications,
by modifying the default URL override in the application.  Plus those
URL overrides can also be modified on a per-entry basis, if needed.

KeePass is a lot more powerful than first appears!

Peter.