[ALUG] KeePass, was Re: SSH clients

Mark Rogers mark at more-solutions.co.uk
Mon Jun 12 17:07:41 BST 2017

On 12 June 2017 at 11:57, samwise <samwise at bagshot-row.org> wrote:

> KeePass is a lot more powerful than first appears!

I've played with Keepass in the (distant) past but not recently, and it's
looking like I should take another look.

I currently use LastPass (cue cries of horror...) because its Android
client generally works pretty well at auto-filling apps (including but not
limited to browser). A quick Google shows that there are KeyPass clients
for Android (and more than one to choose from!) but a quick glance suggests
that while they may give access to the passwords it wasn't clear that
auto-fill would be there.

(KeePassDroid doesn't seem to have much in the way of feature
documentation, but reading the documentation on Keepass2Android, which
looks pretty well specified, it allows switching to a Keepass keyboard to
auto-enter passwords but that doesn't sound as seamless as LastPass.)

What do others use for synchronising their Keepass data securely between
machines (including mobiles)? Is it possible to share certain sets of data
between users?

Mark