[ALUG] KeePass, was Re: SSH clients

Laurie Brown laurie at brownowl.com
Tue Jun 13 09:32:43 BST 2017

On 12/06/17 17:07, Mark Rogers wrote:
> On 12 June 2017 at 11:57, samwise <samwise at bagshot-row.org> wrote:
>
>> KeePass is a lot more powerful than first appears!
>>

> I've played with Keepass in the (distant) past but not recently, and it's
> looking like I should take another look.
>
> I currently use LastPass (cue cries of horror...) because its Android
> client generally works pretty well at auto-filling apps (including but not
> limited to browser). A quick Google shows that there are KeyPass clients
> for Android (and more than one to choose from!) but a quick glance suggests
> that while they may give access to the passwords it wasn't clear that
> auto-fill would be there.
>
> (KeePassDroid doesn't seem to have much in the way of feature
> documentation, but reading the documentation on Keepass2Android, which
> looks pretty well specified, it allows switching to a Keepass keyboard to
> auto-enter passwords but that doesn't sound as seamless as LastPass.)
>
> What do others use for synchronising their Keepass data securely between
> machines (including mobiles)? Is it possible to share certain sets of data
> between users?
>
> Mark

Keepass2Android does auto-fill, but I have no idea how it compares to
LastPass.

Also, I keep my KeePass data file on DropBox and do a manual sync
whenever I make changes (it's easy to forget, but if you choose the
option to close the client after a while it prompts a sync). After a
sync, other connected clients update themselves.

When you do revisit KeePass, be sure to use V2.

Cheers, Laurie.
                               Laurie Brown
                           laurie at brownowl.com