[ALUG] MS Office file formats

Noel Galer noel at abasys.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 11:50:53 BST 2017

You may find the following link useful.  Not so much for the obvious
explanation, but more for the background   :-

https://www.howtogeek.com/304622/what-is-a-.docx-file-and-how-is-it-diff
erent-from-a-.doc-file-in-microsoft-word/

Personally, I think it is a cynical attempt to keep one step ahead of an
'Open' format, in order to keep the world hooked on MS Office and the
spiralling costs.  But then I also see Microsoft as a 'single point of
failure' for the world.  However, the NHS came close to something like
that recently.  I wonder where the bug came from ?

Best regards,

Noel
XorSyst