[ALUG] SSH clients

Mark Rogers mark at more-solutions.co.uk
Wed Jun 14 12:16:28 BST 2017

On 14 June 2017 at 10:45, Laurie Brown <laurie at brownowl.com> wrote:

> Ah! I confess I haven't tried it with 17.04 at all. I use it extensively
> in 14.04 and it works well.

To be clear: I haven't tested dnsmasq under 17.04 (my DNS server runs
an LTS release), but it doesn't seem to be the DNS server that's the
issue, it's the client: if I force my 17.04 desktop to query the DNS
it's fine, but if I don't then it gets lost. This was NOT an issue
under 16.10, although that said my 16.10 was an upgrade from earlier
releases that may have retained something, whereas 17.04 was a clean
install.