[ALUG] Linux with Gnome-2?

Huge huge at huge.org.uk
Mon Jun 26 19:37:07 BST 2017

On Mon, 2017-06-26 at 19:29 +0100, Ted Harding wrote:
> Thanks for an impressively prompt reply, Bev!
> But can you tell me where in https://www.linuxmint.com/
> it says that it has (or can install) Gnome 2?

I'm running Mint17 with MATE (Mah-tay) desktop and although I have no
idea which version of Gnome it runs, nor indeed how to find out, it has
the workspace switcher you describe.

This says MATE is Gnome2 (and Cinnamon, the other standard desktop) is
Gnome3.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/mint-17-the-best-linux-desktop-to-date/

I'm happy to look at anything on my system you might want to know.

Rgds,

H.

--
Today is Boomtime, the 31st day of Confusion in the YOLD 3183
                  I don't have an attitude problem.