[ALUG] SSH tunnelling

mick mbm at rlogin.net
Tue Mar 28 13:08:30 BST 2017

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 11:02:42 +0100
Laurie Brown <laurie at brownowl.com> allegedly wrote:

> On 28/03/17 10:40, mick wrote:
>
> [SNIP]
>
> > I wrote about something similar in 2013
> > https://baldric.net/2013/03/26/using-an-ssh-reverse-tunnel-to-bypass-nat-firewalls/
> >
> > maybe that will help. You could ogf course also use OpenVPN (which I
> > refer to in the above post.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Mick
>
> Firefox doesn't like your site very much:

That's because I use a self signed certificate on the TLS connection
(which I use by default and will thus have appeared in my cut and paste
URL). Try connecting over plain HTTP and all will be fine.

(I object strongly to the CA model, but I use TLS encryption to protect
my credentials when I log in to my site).

See http://baldric.net/2013/09/12/add-ssl-to-lighttpd-server/

Cheers

Mick

 Mick Morgan
 gpg fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312
 http://baldric.net