[ALUG] Strange PC lock-up

Mark Rogers mark at more-solutions.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 08:56:21 BST 2017

On 23 March 2017 at 09:51, Mark Rogers <mark at more-solutions.co.uk> wrote:

> So it's definitely something I'll check out if it fails
> again (it didn't fail overnight, but that means nothing).

It's the best part of a week since that last comment, and I've been
out of the office for most of it. I came back in today and the PC was
still running fine.

I'll update if I see the problem again but for the sake of the
archives it otherwise looks like in this case it was the nouveau
driver causing the issue, and replacing it with the nVidia proprietary
driver has fixed it.