[ALUG] Reformatting a PDF

mick mbm at rlogin.net
Mon May 15 15:52:45 BST 2017

On Mon, 15 May 2017 15:26:15 +0100
Nev Young <alug at nevilley.org.uk> allegedly wrote:

> On 15/05/17 13:55, Mark Rogers wrote:
> > On the Royal Mail website is a "handy" price guide available as a
> > PDF:
> >
> > http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/Royal-Mail-Our-Prices-March-2017_0.pdf
> >
> > It's only actually "handy" if you have a weird printer (or at least
> > very unusual sized paper). I'm not sure what size/shape you'd call
> > it but it would go into a DL envelope without folding...
> >
> > What I'd like to do is split the individual pages out and merge them
> > to get three (maybe four) "pages" per A4 sheet so that I can print
> > it on my very normal A4 printer.
> >
> > Suggestions?
> >
> Try https://www.pdftoword.com/
>
> Nev

Arrrgh! That means you have to pass your PDF doc to a third party site.
Fine if you don't care about that, but why not try pdftk?

Quote "If PDF is electronic paper, then pdftk is an electronic
stapler-remover, hole-punch, binder, secret-decoder-ring, and
X-Ray-glasses. Pdftk is a simple tool for doing everyday things with
PDF documents." Unquote

It should be in your repository.

 Mick Morgan
 gpg fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312
 http://baldric.net